You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Department Details :
Department of Anatomy is developed when Dr Vithalrao Vikhe Patil medical college is well established under the long term and prosperous distant vision of Dr Vithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundation in Aug 2004 after fulfillment of all norms and guidelines prescribed by the Medical Council of India. Being a basic science subject it is the first department required and developed accordingly under the eminent guideline and capacity of our first head of department Dr. B. R. Zambare sir( from 1.01.2005 to 06.11.2016). Under his tremendous efforts and excellence guidelines department reached to such a competent level to give basic knowledge of anatomy. Now every year department is gradually upgraded with the help of experienced faculty so that advanced updated knowledge will be available. Initially main focus was on undergraduates ( 100 intake Capacity till 2010). Later on undergraduates intake capacity increased to 150 since 2011-12 . Meanwhile the department developed keeping in mind postgraduate as well as Phd students. Now we are confident that we can provide sound knowledge platform to all kind of students with a maximum depth of concepts with well-experienced faculty members.
To develop sound platform of knowledge for Undergraduates, Post- Graduates and Ph.D. students using best Combination of an old and an advanced audio-video learning and E -learning teaching modules. So that students will become enough competent for all competitive examinations . Also to promot body donationation movement and school visits to museum in such a way that interest of voluntarily doners and school childrens towards medical fraternity will increase in society.
1. To implicate micro group teaching programs, orals and writing examinations for Undergraduates to make them competent for viva-voce and various Competitive entrance Examinations.
2. To encourage the interest of undergraduates, Ph.D students & Teachers for newer research projects & to grapple with newer advanced audio-video E-learning modules.
3. To encourage the interest of school level students towards medical fraternity by arranging anatomy exhibitions and school visits to the Anatomy Museum.
4. To promote body donation programs in society in all ways to achieve more number of cadavers in the future so as to make dissection, teaching, learning and research at ease.
5. To promote peoples for organ donations by arranging counseling programs.
6. To develop well equipped cadaveric laboratory to enhance confidence & training Purpose of newly budding surgeons.
7. To encourage students as well as teaching faculty to use all newly introduced advance E-learning sources and modules digital technology.