Dr. Vithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundationâ€™s Medical College had been established at Ahmednagar in 2004 under the great leadership of Late Dr. Balasaheb Vikhe Patil (Padmabhushan Awardee).Presently institute has world class infrastructure and providing high quality medical education to students with the constant guidance and support of Hon. Namdar Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil ,Chairman, Dr. Vithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundation, Ahmednagar and Hon. Dr. Sujay Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil, CEO, Dr. Vithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundation, Ahmednagar. The institute is recognized by Medical Council of India, New Delhi and is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
The department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology (FMT) was started in the year 2004 under the guidance of great academician Dr. V. L. Deshpande sir and presently headed by Dr. Sandeep S. Kadu. The department has been gradually upgraded to present status by experienced faculty. First undergraduate batch in 2004 had a capacity of 100 seats and now it is 150 seats.
Our department is the first department in the state of Maharashtra recognised by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) for Ph.D. course in 2012.
Our Department motto is â€œJustice to Innocent Soulâ€. Forensic Medicine department mainly emphasize on ethical academic activities and Medico legal guidance to UG, PG students, Alumni members, Medical Officers, Police, and Advocates etc.
â€œExcellence in Medicolegal Knowledge and Skills to aid in the administration of Justice and Helping in maintaining law and orderâ€.
1. Department works on ethical aspects of medical practice for providing INDIAN MEDICAL GRADUATES having humanistic approach.
2. Quality training on Medico-legal issues and Medical practice with emphasis on examination of a Medico-legal cases & Medico-legal documentation.
3. To generate quality research in the subject.
4. Identify and define the existing as well as future Medico-legal problems as they emerge in the community and work to resolve such problems by planning, implementing, evaluating and modulating Medico-legal services.
5. Undertake Medico-legal responsibilities and discharge Medico-legal duties, which arise in day today medical practice as well in hospital.